Sunday, March 16, 2008

MY MOM. MY HERO

So...My mom and I have had a ROUGH go the last 10yrs....but here is some history and some tribute to her. I think she's feeling a little low after all my raving about my dad:)
My mom grew up with some tough circumstances. Her dad died in front of her at age 6, she endured years of various types of abuse. no need to go into it further. at age 18, she married my dad, and by age 24 had 3 little girls , of which I am the youngest. They divorced at age 28 which lead to years of heartache and struggle on her part. She kinda got the sucky end of the deal on that one. BUT I tribute her for NEVER bad mouthing my dad and never keeping us from him, which has allowed us to keep a very loving relationship with him. She understood that little girls need a father.
Thank you Mom.
Now that I have children......hindsight is a beautiful thing. Today at church, Lindsey Woolsey looked over as we're trying to get our kids together, b/c none of our husbands were at church as they were all studying and writing final exams, and said " I never want to be a single mom".
Amen!.
it made me think about MY mom though. How did she do it? how did she not jump off a bridge?
there are nights when I can BARELY get both girls into bed.....Ijust don't have the energy. Thing is My mom worked 3 jobs and THEN had to come home , feed us and put us to bed. Sometimes I wondered why some days she didnt' get up withus in the morning before school? Today I put the cartoons on for Megan and went back to bed.
or why she had to go to work AGAIN that night after she had just worked all day?
You see.....she did WAY more than I was EVER capable of. ....I'm finally starting to " get it". And I realize the pain was hers. I could not imagine having to leave Megan and Erika out of sheer survival.
I expected too much. As a daughter, I think i've let her down. I've failed her by making her feel like her best wasn't good enough...and now I live in fear that Megan will grow up and make me feel the same way. All I can do now is let her know that she is special. She is amazing. Her best was better than what I could ever do.
I love her. I admire her. I'm thankful to God FOR her.
When she came down after Erika was born...she made us dinner EVERY night...(oh.and somehow in all those crazy years growing up, my mom became a damn good cook!),
and I really did NOT want her to leave!
I'm sorry I dont' give you more credit for what you've done for me mom. Not sure WHY mom's always go so unnoticed.
but I love you. Always have. Always will......around the world a million times;)



My mom and Jeff with Megan













My crazy family!



My mom cooking Christmas Dinner in the kitchen at my sisters.














Me and My mom befor my mission























Me with My first boyfriend...My mom made this jumper and it was my FAVORITE!





















Us 3 little girls in homemade dresses
my mom made for us:) i'm the little one:)
Where she found time, I have NO idea!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post about your mom. I hope she gets to read that. i don't think anyone can ever really appreciate what their mom had to go through until they have their own kids...by the way...hot stuff in the pre-mission picture!! Wowza!!

Katie said...

thanks for sharing. all i can say is she is an amazing woman!! love the pic with your 1st boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

She was amazing and still is!! Us 3 girls are so fortunate to have her in our lives! Were even more lucky that our parents are very good friends! They BOTH have kept us all so close. By being great friends and being able to spend holidays,birthdays etc as a family, together, after all these years! Thanks mom and dad!
we love you for that,Tracey xo

Nicole W. said...

That is so True Trace and meant to put that in there....how many families with divorced parents can still spend the holiday with both their mom and dad together? we are so blessed.

Linds said...

Very sweet! I hope that your mom gets to read this. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.