Sunday, March 23, 2008

Katie:)

When I moved to Portland...I knew I was guaranteed to make friends at church.....i'm lucky being a member of the church...you have instant friends anywhere you go....

after being here for just a few weeks, I met Katie. She was at a WSCC event and somehow we were introduced. I can't remember much after that...I remember Lily being just a month or two old though...and walking to her apartment to hang out. Then she moved to sandstone and that's when it all started.

It didn't take long to know that Katie was the type of friend I could tell anything to....and be myself around. It wasnt' long before I found myself talking to her on the phone about 5x a day just to talk about "stuff".....kids, weddings, makeup, mom stress, school stress, funny stories, sleep deprivation, teething etc.... just "stuff". The kind of conversations I have with my sister.

Katie has seen me at my absolute WORST and I don't even care....when I have NO makeup on, hair is greesy nappy mess, zits on my face, oversized jogging pants, no bra..you get the picture:)...and I dont' even feel uncomfortable ! lol...that's when I knew Katie was my best friend. She has become my 3rd Sister. She has stood by me and been my family away from home for 2yrs. I have seen her raise Lily and admired her as a mom and a wife. We have gone through our 2nd pregnancies together and she's become one of my hero's watching her raise Lucy the last 5mos.

She has loved me for me....even the parts of me that over opinionated, stubborn, judgemental, emotional, weak and silly. She has never made me feel bad for my weaknesses...she has earned my trust and she has set an incredible example for me.



well.....Katie is moving in 2 days. I KNOW it is only 4hrs away...but STILL! I'm sort of falling apart today. I really can't imagine going through the next year without her by my side. Just knowing I can call her any day and say "come over, i'm bored" ...or "Megan wants to play with Lily" or " want to go shopping?", " want to hang out? " " want to come for dinner?", " want to go for a walk?", "want to go to Target?", "want to go to Walmart? " , " winco?" sigh....



I have a hard time opening up and making REALLY CLOSE friends..I know you don't believe me...but it's true. I can't just be ME around anyone....... and I actually think this is a tribute to KATIE....she has the kind of welcoming personalilty that makes ANYONE feel comfortable. I see it all the time. ANY time someone is talking to her, they are laughing...they are smiling.

Katie is a fabulous person. I know that many of you reading this are going to miss her too....

So.....to wrap this up.

I need friends.



So if you think you qualify, please contact me:



Here are some of the things I am looking for:

Applicant must be able to:



-come over at anytime, no matter HOW bad you look

- talk about absolute nothing and be able to just sit while one of us cooks dinner, or look through magazines, or watch tv etc ..just hang out...with no expectations of getting anything productive done:)

-be willing to let me do their makeup anytime I get the urge or buy new products and want to try them out on someone

-love my Megan and Erika as much as I do. Katie ...you have been like a 2nd mom to my girls. Megan loves you SO Much!

-laugh with me and cry with me




-listen to my whining and complaining...and then at the end of it say something optimisitic to make me want to be better

-don't mind me calling every morning at 8am to say "HIIIII!!! what ya doin'? how did the girls sleep? what are you doing today? want to hang out? " lol...yes. I'm serious.

...



Katie, can you think of anything else???



anyway......

i'm all worn out..this stuff is emotionally draining.

Katie. I love you. thank you for being my very bestest friend. I am a better person for having you in my life.



Love Nicole




Katie, I stole this picture from your blog since I forgot my camera at home! grrr....
you better email them all to me:)
Katie with her best friends out for dinner.
we love you Katie Kate-ster.



Me and Katie with our big pregnant Bellies



Katie went into labour 10days later...I'll never forget that amazing feeling when she called me at 7am crying saying "Nicole, she' s here, she's here! I didn't have time to call you because it happened so fast!" I just started crying I was so excited!



It was soooo amazing to go see little Lucy at the Hospital. I was so excited I could not WAIT to get there! I felt so much Joy when I walked in and saw my sweet friend with her new baby girl.


I was very proud of her. I'll never forget that feeling.




Thankfully, My baby girl was born 2 days later..and somehow, Katie found the time to come see us in the hospital:) She is awesome.

9 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

It's partially up to you as to whether or not I qualify...ha ha. But I know what you mean about losing a good friend - when I got married my roommate of many years (friend from high school) of course moved out and I MISSED having her around all the time. So what did I do, I got a job at the same place where she worked of course! Anyway, give me a call whenever you want to chat or hang out.

Katie said...

i don't know what to say!! i really don't. thanks for saying such nice things!! it's like i've died or something. just kidding. we will always be friends and so will our girls!! thanks for such a sweet tribute. i will cherish this time for as long as i live. and we will miss you like crazy. it hasn't hit me yet because i'm not gone. but i guess you have to become a citizen of the u.s. yay!! you you should apply:) we love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes :(
It's very rare in life to find true friendships like the one you have with Katie. I don't even know her and I want to be her friend,lol!
I'm glad you've had someone there to help with the hard times!
Thanks Katie for being such a great friend to my sister!
Love ya lil' sis.... Tracey xo

Nicole W. said...

aww...you're so sweet Trace...it's true, Katie is like another sister.... I can just hang out with her like I hang out with you.
such a blessing, such a gift.
I hope you can meet her someday... she's so much fun!

see you next week! I can't wait!!!
Love Nicole
xoxox

Toshia said...

what a sweet tribute to a wonderful friend. If I lived closer you could stalk me/I'd fill out an application to be your friend! Good luck.

Linds said...

I think we will all miss Katie! She's just so great!

Matthias and Jenn said...

Nicole I think you could find all those qualities in all of us who love and care for you at church and elsewhere. I am here for you....you are wonderful. Jenn

Amy said...

Sweet post...who doesn't love Katie Teegarden...she's just perfect! That made me tear up a bit!!!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I was so sad that I missed the dinner with the friends. I will miss Katie too. Call me anytime you want!