Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Day gone wrong....have you ever blown up your kitchen?


Okay...so the day started off pretty good. We went to see Trent for our chiro appts and althougha few minutes late I was pretty proud for getting us up, fed and ready to be there by
7:45am:) came home...Erika took a nice hour and a half nap:) Went to Katies so Meg and Lily could play together.......
then things started to go down hill....
I got Erika into bed for her second nap....fed meg and as i'm getting ready to get me and Megan into bed...Erika wakes up. sigh....so, into her room to pat/shush her back to sleep....come back out and tell megan it's napt time b/c MOMMY needs a nap too!! Well...she pitches a fit and starts backing up to get away from me...so being the nice mommy I am, I at first try to coax her into my room and laugh it off to the fact that she's overtired. We get into my room and I tell her to go pee, to which she responds "no.". Then.....as I'm battling a 3yr old, Erika wakes up AGAIN!..
I tell Megan to stay in my room and "don't you dare leave til I get back". while i'm helplessly tied to Erika's bedside again patting/shushing....I see Megan tip toe out of my room and run to the couch. Awesome. Why is she so good at listening to day?
So....I get Erika to sleep only to have her wake 60sec later..at this point i get her up.
We play and I tell megan that when Erika goes back to bed in an hour WE are all hving a nap! she willfully agrees. how nice.
So...an hour later I get Erika to sleep, crawl into my nice cozy bed....and only had to get up once to help her get to sleep. an hour and 15min into my nap she wakes...so I get up....luckily I got her back to sleep and she slept 2.5hrs total:) yay...things are looking up. So...now it's time to make dinner...we need something healthy but i'm too tired...so chicken, potatoes and Corn sound good. That is my easy dinner when i'm feeling lazy.. ..
So, while dinner is cooking, I put Erika in the bumbo seat I borrowed from Katie and Erika is happy as a clam..I took these pictures!! SO cute!!!



can you say HAPPY? (that's what sleep will do for you kid.)


Okay...back to the party...So, I get dinner all done but we have to go get Steve...so I leave the chicken and potatos on the counter and pack the girls in the car. I'm feeling great that dinner will all be made when Steve gets home from a loooong day. what a great little wife I am right? wrong.

We get home and I turn the element on HIGH for the corn to boil quickly. Well, I turned on teh wrong one and the next thing I hear is bubbling from the chicken in the GLASS pyrex dish on the flaming red element!! Ooops!!

I run into the kitchen to move it over to a cool element as quickly as I can! FEW! SAVED. THE. DAY. (i'm still awesome).


then suddenly we hear this loud pop. Steve looks at me concerned and says "is that the sound of the glass pyrex dish breaking?"...."uhhhh...I dont' think so...I walk back into the kitchen and lean in for a second look and I kid you not, the entire thing explodes in my FACE! glass for 10ft!!!

This is what we were left with! 3 pieces of chicken sitting on an element.

I'm not so awesome anymore.





Needless to say, we ate burger king for dinner.


On the plus side, it's a good think the CHICKEN didn't go flying for Ten feet. It could always have been worse:)




aaaand...a close up:)

5 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Oh my gosh! You weren't kidding! That is pretty funny. I can't believe it. Thanks for posting pictures.

Katie said...

so sad...but pretty funny. when i read about your day (as an outsider) i'm just laughing all the way. seriously you have to laugh. that is a day not to forget. i'm so glad you took pictures and that you're okay (of course).

Jessie said...

Nicole! You finally started a blog!
I can't believe that happened to your Pyrex, I put mine in the oven all the time! I'll have to be careful!
Anyway, good to see you last night at YW's.
~Jess

Debbie said...

hahah - reminds me of when i started afire in the oven by PUTTING A DISHCLOTH IN WITH BAKING BREAD. Yeah, you and I, we are aweome!!

Linds said...

You are awesome! It's a good thing you've got a sense of humor, right? Don't ya just love those days?