Saturday, June 6, 2009

Multnomah Falls....to the TOP we go!


*Why won't it let me type above my first photo anymore??

We decided very last minute on Tuesday to go for a hike. As we were driving..oh and I should mention ... we were driving to what SHOULD have been a very easy hike since I was going to have to carry 35lbs on my back (which is..do the math, a third of my body weight)..we realized we have NEVER (in 4yrs) hiked to the top of Multnomah falls.
So, we stopped.

I got Erika on my back....then we switched carriers b/c it was hurting my hips, then tried to carry meg instead...then switched back...etc etc...I was driving Steve nuts, I'm sure.

Anyway...I eventually realized no matter WHAT Carrier, or WHAT child I was carrying...this was not going to be easy. The hike is 620Ft over one mile...pretty much straight up!;)......
It was a good work out to say the LEAST! I felt like my legs were on fire. but for some reason I like that feeling, haha! So off we went,



This is the only picture of us on our way up


Steve and the girls at the top. Erika is pointing b/c I was trying to get her to look at me so I said "Erika, where's the camera?!"...and this is what she did, haha, what a ham!
(click on the photos to view them LARGER)

Our little family. I love my family!
This is Erika's "Cheese" face she does for photos.
Ironically she NEVER looks at the camera when she says it!

Erika overlooking the falls

620ft straight down. Makes me dizzy just looking at it!

This looks easier than it is! lol

Stevie and I trying to get pics of the falls behind us

There we go! it took about 8 pictures to get this right.

On the way back down, the Moosh fell asleep on my back...which pushed my head foreward..that wasn't too comfy:)

Steve and I laughed that this is probably the first time in history that a Wagner baby has fallen asleep ANY where other than their crib or bed!!

21 comments:

lynz said...

oh the faces of erika! love that little girl and looks like fun to me :) good work on conquering the falls!

MotherBeck said...

What do you expect...all that hard work being carried to the top can ware a person out...

Linds said...

I love the falls!! I've never hiked it carrying a 35 lb child on my back. But I did hike it when I was seven months pregnant. Love it!!

Katie said...

i cannot believe that you went all the way to the top with her on your back. you're a freak of nature dude. it looks beautiful. and i love the cheeser on erika's face. she is so funny!

The Hill Family said...

Too funny! Just think of all the extra calories you burned that day!

Anonymous said...

ambien sleep ambien prescription discount - ambien cr withdrawal insomnia

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan ativan dosage xanax - ativan vs xanax

Anonymous said...

ativan without prescription does ativan or xanax work better - ativan half life in urine

Anonymous said...

online xanax xanax withdrawal remedies - xanax drug test probation

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam lorazepam 1mg flying - ativan dosage calculator

Anonymous said...

buy xanax bars online no prescription order xanax online legally - xanax for anxiety disorder

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 10 dosage - diazepam 5mg para que sirve

Anonymous said...

lorazepam 1mg ativan side effects addiction - ativan 321 m

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam purchase of diazepam online - diazepam quetiapine interactions

Anonymous said...

ativan medication how to order ativan online - ativan withdrawal psychosis

Anonymous said...

xanax no prescription xanax effects chimps - xanax withdrawal using valium

Anonymous said...

soma pills can i order soma online legally - buy somatropin jintropin

Anonymous said...

buy somas carisoprodol 350 mg - somanabolic muscle maximizer ebay

Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol rxlist - can overdose carisoprodol

Anonymous said...

buy valium online roche 10mg valium effects - valium effects nervous system

Anonymous said...

buy soma online is baclofen generic for soma - carisoprodol webmd