Monday, December 22, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008

This was yesterday. We've gotten alot more over night. Steve and His brother Shawn built a huge snow fort at the park accross the street....it's pretty amazing!
we are stuck inside though and it kinda sucks. I"m glad my dad is here but Steve's poor mom is stuck at her hotel!!! My dad and I are about to venture out on foot and see if we can find anything OPEN. We were supposed to be out all together shopping, eating, seeing zoo lights and so much more..but instead we're stuck inside listening to the same christmas cds over and over....



This is our street.



Isn't this awesome???
Inside the snow fort!


Cutting snow blocks

This is the bench in the park. You could still barely see it...but as of this morning..it's totally gone and burried.

Steve carrying the ice blocks

Steve and Shawn.....proud of their work! and so they should be!!


One more shot of our street! it's way worse this morning.

8 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

Great snow fort! I can't believe all this snow.

Anonymous said...

I never knew Steve had this hidden talent...tell him congrats from me...i think it would look better with some golf tees and balls inside. Nicole this is nuts!!!!

Holly Lujan said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe the huge snow drifts! We are in Hillsboro so I'm glad I got to see what home looks like! Stay warm!

Sharon (Nicole's mom) said...

we have at least a foot of snow as well but nothing like you have! I am so sorry for you guys, especially Sharon and Mike for having to deal with this when they are just visiting there.But, remember that being with family this time of year means everything, I am after all alone as are many! Be grateful and please drive home safely! I love, sincerely, all of you! Merry Christmas and HoHOHO God bless you all! Much Mahalo Jeff and Sharon( Hawaiian for we love u)

Katie said...

crazy crazy weather. not to brag but we have blue skies and green grass! ;) i'm glad that you are all warm, safe, and with each other! take care and have a merry christmas!

Katie said...

p.s. very cool fort steve. i didn't know that was your brother. i thought it was a friend. a very good friend.

Lacey said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! That is so great! I can't beleive we are missing it! We are doing the same thing here right now but it is normal for us in Alberta. I am missing you all tonz and loved the pictures of steve's grad, I couldn't comment cuz' we're not friends but I will when he accepts me (which he better do!) Anyways I see everyone made it there safe and sound, I am so happy that you will get you family Christmas after all. Is there still tonz of snow? Is everything shut down? Call me 403-553-3990 I will be here most of the day and all day tomorrow. Love from our home and Native land!

Linds said...

Holy crap! That's insane. Ok, so I do not miss that, not one little bit. I think I'll just stick with the sun and the 70 degree weather here. Have fun!