Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Work it!

So, little update.... i'm still running 4x a week and it's going great:) Erin and I have been doing mostly mornings so that means getting up at 5:40am to run at 6. but I love mornings..its so peacful...WHEN I can drag my butt out of bed. Erin is so motivated so she keeps me going!


I have my first race this Weekend...a 10K..i'm pretty nervous actually...the most i've run so far is 5miles and this is 6.2mi so keep your fingers crossed for me:) I'll need it!


Since I'm really loving exercising again, about 2 Fridays ago, my friend Honi was nice enough to watch the girls (and Erin came to help too!) so that Steve and I could go on a date and we decided a good date would be a HIKE. It was that day that it was approx 100 degrees!!!!!!!!! (probably not the BEST day for hiking...especially at 4 in the afternoon~ lol...but whatever!)


So, anyway it was a REALLY good workout.....as you can see from all our disgusting sweatiness! Problem was we were kind of dumb and didn't take enough water...it was all gone about 30min into our hike and then we got really dehydrated and we were lucky we didn't pass out at the top somewhere...


I did take advantage of the stream we found and drank as much water from there as I could!!





the start of our hike....looking very polished and optimistic lol


Our first little viewpoint..


About 20min in at the stream we found...not looking too bad....YET



Okay this is where the grossness starts! lol...did I mention how HOT it was??


Sick! Steve MADE me smile here lol


about 20min from the top! isn't it beautiful?!!


The TOP! sort of...it went down hilll after this (down the other side of the mountain) so we headed back down:)


But this was the view! AMAZING!



Here we are back at the bottom:):)

thanks Honey, it was fun!!:)

xo

9 comments:

Daya said...

Even all sweaty and yucky you are STILL beautiful!!!

MotherBeck said...

Seriously! I totally agree with Daya. you are still hot even all sweaty. I don't think there is anything you could do to look bad! Way to go on all the running. As soon as I go and get some decent running shoes (in a few weeks) I am going to start.

Nicole W. said...

okay, you guys are really nice and all, but seriously....get real!

Jenny May McKim said...

You don't look sick..
Silly Nicole..
I only wish we had such nice hilly trails to
climb/run around here.. and such warm
weather. I'm sure you could never forget
the cold winters, and though it is only Sept
I am already dreading them..

Wish you were not so far away

Linds said...

Yes, very sweaty. But hey, you had fun. And that's the best!

Joshua and Joy said...

A hike is not my idea of a good time, but that view is amazing! I guess sometimes you have to work hard (and sweat a lot) to get the reward. You look beautiful in that last picture.

Katie said...

you may have ran out of water...but there was plenty of sweat to quench both your thirsts...i mean come on!!:) beautiful scenery and beautiful photos...but i think i would have preferred going to dinner or something else wink wink if i had alone time with my husband. but that is why my body looks like it does and yours looks the way it does. enjoy your 100000k this weekend:) maybe i'll run to the bathroom or run to dinner for a good workout this weekend.

Jeff and Amy said...

I love that hike! We haven't gone in awhile - this was a nice reminder for us. And that WAS pretty sick...my view about you two has totally change, ha ha! I've always been a big sweater so seeing you guys made me feel better!

mcdltdsy said...

you guys are just so freakin' cute!