Monday, October 12, 2009

Couponing. I'm hooked.

Yes...saving money IS more fun than Spending money!!! . besides I need to work on a new skill and I've already mastered how to SPEND money:):)

This weekend I started my journey on couponing...now I'm JUST beginning but I'm SO excited I just had to share the deals I got already:

Friday night:

SAFEWAY... did you know safeway has 72 hr sales?
I got 2 2lb blocks of Tillamook cheddar cheese 3.99 each
18 eggs for 1.49
2 classico pasta sauce for $4.00
( get two boxes of pasta FREE)

total was $14.06
SAVED $14.08

Today
Wallgreens:
Buy 2 packs of pull-ups for $18.
used 2 manufacturer coupons for $2ea
used 2 wallgreens coupsons for $2ea
total: $10. (only $5 each)
plus I got a Register REward (RR) for $4 to be used on my next purchase.

I walked out of the store and came back in:):)

they have Arm and hammer laundry detergent on sale buy 1 get 1 free:)
2 bottles of laundry detergent (32 loads each) 6.99
$4 RR
Total : $2.99!!!!!!!!!!!!! pretty darn sweet for 64 loads of laundry.

Fred Meyer
I also got 5 boxes of cereal (and good size boxes at that) for $9 :) that is $1.80 a box!!
3 gallons of milk for $5.28

I got some more stuff but i'm tired of writing.

I feel really HAPPY! I feel like I am doing something great for our family.
My patriarichal blessing tells me specifically that I need to be "FRUGAL" and I feel like this is one great way to do that.

A few of the cashiers were a little less than excited when they saw me pull out my coupons but I was VERY polite and made sure that I said thank you more than once before I was done:):)

Here are a few websites to get you started if you want to save money too:
http://www.redplum.com/
www.smartsource.com
www.coupons.com
www.coupontom.com
www.savewithlouise.com
http://hip2save.com
http://athriftymom.com/
http://www.frugallivingnw.com/

have fun!!! and thanks to Alyssa and Katie H for inspiring me to get on this!!!!

8 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

Yay for good deals! I'm going today to Albertsons to get 409 for FREE and some other stuff for pocket change :)

You will notice as you coupon more, you can get cereal for less than $1/box regularly. Keep all of your coupons and watch the sales. That will make you even more excited. For example, last week I got 3 boxes of Special K for $1 (.33/ea!!).

Good job being frugal!!
-Alyssa

Batman Forever said...

Nicole, you need to check out www.krazycouponlady.com.
She tells you where to go and what coupons to use and what your final price will be. I love that site!

Jessie said...

thats awesome Nicole, I love couponing too, except Ive gotten to a point now where I wont, just CANT buy any food item that is not on sale now!
I guess thats a good thing!

Jeff and Amy said...

I'm totally loving couponing too, thanks to Alyssa! But unfortunately a lot of the food we eat I haven't been able to find coupons for, but for the foods they do have coupons for and for non food stuff I refuse to buy them without coupons! It's fun seeing how much you can save. And I know there is still a ton more for me to learn.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I have been doing Coupon Sense for a couple months and have saved at least half of my grocery bill every time! It is so fun! If I am in a bad mood I know I just need to go grocery shopping and then I will immediately get happy! Welcome to the coupon world!

Linds said...

I always want to coupon and I really should. I think I'm just lazy. Maybe if someone else did it for me.

Jenny May McKim said...

Fun and way to go.. I should with twins!

Check out my blog for a giveaway I know you would love!!!

Hailey said...

I've just gotten into it myself....I LOVE it - and who knew you could do it in canada too!!! I was always jealous of you guys in the states with all the fab coupon deals.

anyways....it's seriously addicting and suddenly paying full price just doesn't seem reasonable. LOL