Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Taking time for Him

I had to post this video. The message in it has touched me personally this week. The last few weeks have been REALLY rough on our family. My friend Lindsey Woolsey talked to me a few weeks ago about her journey with daily scripture study and prayer and I was touched. It's something I've been trying to fit into my day better for a long time. I made a promise that night to my Heavenly Father that I would never go to sleep again at the end of a day without reading from my scriptures. I began to do that but then when things got really difficult recently, I realized even more the importance of taking ME time each day. not time on the computer or cleaning the house, but time to be with the Lord. To read my scriptures, pray, write in my journal and just ponder about eternal things. I have been doing this during Erika's nap and Megans "quiet time". I call it "Mommy's quiet time". I think the results speak for themselves. If you ask the girls or my husband they will tell you how much nicer things have been around here:) I feel happier, I feel more able to handle the tasks and challenges of each day and do it with a smile.
I urge you all to take time each day to contemplate the "bigger picture". Life is so much more than the day to day mundane things. I'm so thankful for the Lord and all He has done for me. I'm grateful to be able to know what He would have me do each day.
I am so thankful for a family that I love so dearly.


1 comment:

Linds said...

I love that video. Truly touching. I'm glad you have found time to do it. It truly is amazing how much help you get, if you just take time to do what He asks and to study his word. I got out of the habit last week, and I really felt it. I hate missing my time.