Saturday, October 24, 2009

Couponing deals....

Okay... so I've only been doing this for 3 wks I guess now...and I love it! I know what everyone means about not being able to spend full price anymore...it just bugs me. I feel so HAPPY being frugal...funny eh?
So...I had to share some great deals I got at Wallgreens this week...they are quickly becoming my favorite place!!
First I'll lay everything out at regular price and then I'll show you how I got it at the price I did...which was AMAZING!


Ricola cough drops $2.49 each x 6=$14.94
Trident Layers gum $1.49 x 2 = $2.98
Glade Reed diffuser room freshener $9.99 (my favorite deal of all...you'll see why)
Theraflu and Triaminic products $6.99 each x 6 = $41.94
Bumblebee Tuna $1.19 x 6 = $7.14
Bandaids $2.29 each x 3 =$6.87
Panty liners $.99
Purex Laundry detergent X tra strength 32 loads $8.99 x 2 = $17.98

TOTAL $102.83 (YIKES!)

NOW....what I Paid for all this:):)

Ricola cough drops (coupon 2/$3, 2 coupons for buy one get one free, and another .50 coupon used twice) = $5.00
Trident Layers gum (buy one get one free coupon) $1.49
Glade Reed diffuser room freshener (in store sale $5 off, making it $4.99 and then I had a coupon for $4 off) = $1.00
Theraflu and Triaminic products (on sale for $4.99 ea. / $9 in coupons from the paper/ $8 in coupons from the flyer and a $8 register rebate for my next shop). I bought all this in two orders. = $12.94
Bumblebee Tuna (in store sale for .55 /can)= $3.30
Bandaids (in store sale for .99 ea) =$2.97
Panty liners (in store coupon for .79)= $.79
Purex Laundry detergent X tra strength 32 loads (in store sale -buy 1 get 1 free) then applied my $8 register rebate and a coupon I had for $.50) = $.49!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, seriously...2 laundry detergents for $0.49)!

TOTAL: $27.98
(I actually think I forgot a coupon somewhere b/c when i counted up my 2 receipts yesterday it was even less than this, but you get the picture!!)

I have only spent a few extra hours a week doing this stuff and sure I drive to a couple extra stores but to me IT IS WORTH it!!:):)
thanks again to Alyssa and Katie for teaching me how to do this:):)

3 comments:

MotherBeck said...

I am just getting started! i can NOT wait!!

Alyssa Phair said...

Awesome! Now I guess you need to teach me about Walgreens. I've just never gotten into that store because of the RR. I would get the RR and then a couple weeks later they would expire. Of course, for those couple weeks I couldn't find a good deal to save my life. I've just kind of avoided them since then. Maybe I should try again... especially after reading this! I'm a little jealous :)
-Alyssa

Nicole W. said...

Alyssa, both times I've gotten wicked Wallgreens deals, I use the RR THAT day! so I pick out everything I want...I go buy most of it, get the RR then go back later and get the last few items...for basically FREE!:):)
So far, I have 4 laundry detergents and I've paid a total of $3.49 for ALL of them using RR:):)
I need help with Safeway and Albertsons I think...so we should get together:)
xo