Saturday, February 14, 2009

6yr Anniversary post

So today is Steve and I's 6yr anniversary:)...Yes, we were married on Valentines Day.

I am still so inlove with My Stevie and we often reflect upon how blessed we are to have eachother and to love eachother so much.

I thought I would put up a post about all the ways Steve has supported me and been there for me the last 6yrs as we've grown together as husband and wife AND as parents:)

1. At the Birth of our daughter Megan, Steve was right by my side, giving me a blessing when they said I'd have to have a C-section after pushing for almost 3hrs and sharing the tearful joy when Megan came out Naturally!! *no C-section.
I'll never forget the love and support I felt from Steve those first few hours, days and weeks.
B/c I had lost so much blood I passed out shortly after giving birth and didn't wake for a few hours. Steve was left alone with a SCREAMING baby not knowing what the heck to do with her.
When we got moved to our own room, I could not roll over, sit up, or move at all on my own...which meant Steve was the one to get up and tend to Megan all night long virtually alone.
At one point he went home to shower at about 3am and come right back b/c I couldn't get to megan on my own (he had been up for more than 24hrs I think)...he said he just layed on the shower floor he was so tired:(
When we arrived home, he did everything I needed him too and constantly told me how amazing he thought I was.
Our love grew.
2. After I had Megan, she cried for the first few months ALOT and I fell into a really bad post pardum depression. I'm sure, looking back, that living with me was a bit of hell at that time, but Steve stood by me and loved me anyway. I know it was the hardest time in our marriage but Steve still did all he could to make us happy. He made sure I got out a few times a week alone just to get away from the crying. He helped me sleep train Megan amongst other things.
Again, our love grew.

2b. During this year after Megan was born when things were really rough, Steve made Dinner for us pretty much every night. I hated cooking back then even more than I do now and he would come home from school and make dinner every night. I still feel grateful for that help looking back
MY love DEFINITELY Grew for him at that time.

3. When I decided to go to school to get my makeup liscense, Steve stayed home every saturay (and pretty much every saturday since) with Meg so I could chase my dream.
Because of this sacrifice he has missed out on A LOT of extra curicular activities with friends and has given up his only free time during the week because he understood that this sacrifice blessed our family as a whole. I think b/c he has had so much alone time with Meg and now Erika he has become a better father.
Our love continues to grow as we work together.

4. Steve always listens to me when I need him to. He knows when something is REALLY bothering me and he has always been willing to work on any issues we have. Sometimes this means swallowing pride and being more humble to make sure that our marriage is successful and thriving. I know that when it comes down to it, he will do anything it takes to make our marriage work. I love him for that.
Everytime we have one of those "reset" conversations....
our love grows.

5. Steve is a constant support and help to me with the girls:
getting up at night (when they were babies), doing their bedtime routines, changing diapers, playing with them when I have no energy left. He is always willing to help me with dishes, laundry, vacuuming etc. He ALWAYS lets me go out with friends when I need a break and never makes me feel bad about it or complains.
As a women, this REALLY makes you love your spouse more...and so.....
Our love grows.

Steve was saying the other night how choosing your spouse can really be a gamble and how lucky we are that we both turned out "normal" (whatever that is! lol)....but it's true...I am so blessed. Steve is everything and more than I ever dreamed of having in a husband: he is charming, FUNNY, smart, charismatic, kind, romantic, spontaneous, and talented. He is the most amazing father and he loves us 3 girls more than anything....well maybe his 5D is right up there with us, but still. (kidding).

anyway, Thanks for the past 6yrs Steve. I love you SO much.
xo

15 comments:

hailey said...

FAB post, nicole!!

Happy Anniversary to you two....you really do have an amazing husband (but I knew that even before this post)...but I can't help but think he got someone pretty amazing right back :D

You guys are great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! also a Happy belated birthday, Nicole!! and a belated Congratulations to Steve for graduating!!!! You are so lucky to have each other for eternity!

Linds said...

Hope you had a great anniversary. What a nice tribute. You two are so cute together.

Christie said...

Happy anniversary! You are truly an inspiration.

Sharon (Nicole's mom) said...

Nicole, I am home alone and bored and came online and decided to see what you have added to your blog. I always love reading it, it brings me closer to you. Tonight I read the most beautiful love story I have EVER read!! You and Steve have such a love story, but then remember what I told him the first time I met him!! And you are barely into your first chapter, even though I'm sure at times it feels like more. I mean it when I say to the 2 of you, GOD BLESS YOU
I love u both! mama

Joshua and Joy said...

Congratulations! Love you guys!

Jeff and Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are so cute together. It's always fun taking a little peak into other people's lives and hearing about the love and devotion that they have for each other, and how it is through their trials that they have gotten to that point.

Clinton and Danielle said...

Happy 6th! Ours is coming up this year too-amazing how time flies! I enjoyed reading your post and wish you two the best!

Love ya!

The Fullmers Four said...

Congratulations! Six years, that is awesome!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary...i think you two were definitely made for each other!! love you both and i'm so happy you have one another for forever!!

lynz said...

awww - you 2 are 2 cute!

Jessie said...

Isn't it great to actually still be "In Love" with your spouse!! We also celebrate 6 years this week.
John told me you guys are going to Hawaii next week! Jealous!!!

mcdltdsy said...

Love this post and you are right.. you both are very lucky! Love you

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol no prescription tramadol dosage 100 lb dog - tramadol effexor

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine can i order phentermine from canada - order phentermine diet pills online