Sunday, March 8, 2009

12yrs and counting.....

So, today March 8, marks 12yrs since I was baptized as a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints.


I know I still haven't posted pictures of Maui but I thought this was more important. I want to publicly express my love and gratitude to my Savior Jesus Christ and my loving Heavenly Father for all they have done for me.
12yrs ago I was 18yrs old (now you all know how old I am…incase you didn’t pick it up in December;)).
Anyway, I had graduated high school and was dating a guy who was a member of the church. When he took me home to his family, I felt something different in their home. A unity, a peace, a love. I was drawn to them. I wanted to be there all the time. I loved the way I felt when I was there.
After a few months, I happened to pick up his Book of Mormon. I didn’t really know what it was. I opened it up and began to read.
I read the title page, introduction and entire Joseph Smith testimony in the beginning of the book about how the book came to pass.
(you may read that here: http://scriptures.lds.org/en/bm/jstestimony )
I can’t describe what I felt that day when I was reading it except to say that something burned within me and I knew that what I was reading was true.
I walked out and asked His mom if I could join them at church that Sunday.
The first time I walked into the LDS church, I felt at home. I began studying with the sister missionaries and it took me on a journey that would change the course of my life forever. In hindsight, I still feel so humbled and grateful that the Lord blessed ME with the gospel. I never did anything to deserve it. …but isn’t that how his love is? Unconditional and endless.
I have such a strong desire to share the gospel but have not made much of an effort the last few years to do so. I feel bad about that. If you’re my friend or acquaintance and I have not shared my testimony of or love for the Savior with you, I’m sorry. I hope I can do that now.

To say that joining the church took me out of darkness and into marvelous light is an understatement. I remember the first few weeks and even months after I was baptized….I felt this constant light around me. I still have days where I feel that…mostly when I’m striving to read the scriptures daily and make sure I’m praying more honestly and earnestly.
But I think what I want to express the most is what I’ve learned about Jesus Christ and My Heavenly Father by Personal experience. I have learned that I am a daughter of God. That truth alone changed my life and gave me a sense of self worth that I had been lacking for a long time.
I have learned that His love is Infinite. It is all encompassing….it can heal a broken heart or even a broken relationship. It can forgive and help US to forgive. His love is patient, kind, and sees past who are we now into what we will become. It is hopeful. I have never had someone have so much faith in me as I have felt the Lord has in me. I know He loves me and I have come to learn and understand that He loves ALL his children…he is No respecter of persons. His children are his children. He does not know hatred. When I have His spirit with me I feel happy, peaceful, kind, generous, jovial, patient, humble. This has taught me that HE must have these characteristics since I have them when I have His spirit.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt and because of my own personal experiences with Him that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God. That He lives and that He loves us. ALL of us. I know that he Died for all mankind, that all mankind might be saved.
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church and was restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know this because I earnestly prayed and asked Him and he answered me by the Power of the Holy Ghost.
I love Him. I can’t express how much I love Him and how strong a desire I have to do better….and to BE better. I want to show Him my love and gratitude by being obedient to His commandments.
I’m so grateful for my family, my job and everything good in my life. I recognize His hand in my life and know that all my blessings have come from Him.

I Know that He lives.
In a world that is trying to persuade men to believe that He was only a prophet or just a good man, I declare my knowledge that:
He Is the Son of God.
I know that the path to Happiness is found by following Him.
I love Him.


If you want more information about the church you can go to:
http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/
or of course I'm always willing to answer questions:):)

9 comments:

Lacey said...

What a great post. I love the church too and always feel overwhelme when I sit down to count my blessings or offer a prayer of gratitude. With out the truth and light in my life I can not imagine of dark and dismal this world would seem. Congratulations on 12 years strong, you are a great example to your girls, family, and friends.

The Fullmers Four said...

Congratulations. 12 years! I love the church too. I ams so grateful that the fullness of the Gospel is here on the Earth.

lynz said...

you are too cute nicole! that was an awesome post and i quite enjoyed learning a little bit more about your conversion story :) you have such a strong testimony, and thanks for sharing it with us! congrats on 12 years chickee!

The Fullmers Four said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linds said...

Nicole, you are amazing! Thank you for your testimony. Your testimony is always a strength to me. I love hearing your conversion story, truly beautiful. I too am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't know what I would do without it, or even where I would be. Thank you!!

p.s. You went to Maui!?!?!?!

Holly Lujan said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Nicole. It helps to strengthen mine.

Daya said...

I always love it when you share your testimony. I loved in RS when you would teach or make comments and also in Gospel essentials when you would ask questions. I always felt that I learned so much more by being around you. I look forward to sitting in class with you again but for now I will continue to sit with the kids. I learn from them as well.

Joshua and Joy said...

You are such an inspiration Nicole. You definitely have a way of helping those around you want to be better people. I'm so glad that you're my friend and visiting teacher.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing it and strengthing mine. I am glad I was there for part of your journey! You have grown in so many ways, and all along the way you are helping others and teaching them.