Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yes, I DO have the most talented husband around!;o)

Okay....my turn to brag about my sweet darling Steve:)

Many of you know that he is great at photographer , and he's also super smart and funny, and charismatic...gee I could go on and on lol....but I bet you didn't know that he is also a freaking seamstress!!
For those who have been to our apartment and seen our 2 living room Ikea chairs, you know that he single handedly re-covered those.......(I know...he makes me look bad)..
BUT i've decided to just be humble and let him be good at as many things as he'd like. (hee hee...I benefit from it, so why not?:))
Anyway...after his nana died a few months ago we inherited a really nice Teak wood dining table and 6 chairs. At first I was really annoyed when he brought it home...and the chairs were UGLY and REALLY uncomfortable b/c the foam was totally worn out....anyway....he told me to "chill!" and that once he recovered them they would be really comfortable and look great....

once again, he was right. Gosh, I hate that he's always right.

I LOVE being married to the worlds best handyman....did I also mention he changes our cars oil regularly and brakes to save us money and can fix almost anything on our vehicle?
He is amazing.
thanks for all that you do Steve....and thanks to his Mom who helped make him SO independant....I really do sing her praises in that department.......

OH and he's a better cook than me too....man....this is getting ridiculous.....I shouldn't be admitting any of this! HA....

anyway, here's a little sample of his hard work.

drum role please..................







BEFORE:

AFTER:

( I did help pick out the fabric if that counts for anything lol)

11 comments:

Daya said...

Very nice!! And Nicole you take crdit where ever you can!! Heehee!

Linds said...

Wowee!! Can I borrow him to come sew slip covers for me, and recover my chairs, and take fabulous pictures, and cook me dinner? Or maybe, could he just teach Jared all those things?

Joshua and Joy said...

Picking out the fabric is important. My Dad used to reupholster furniture years ago. I almost don't believe it, but it's true. Great job Steve!

Jeff and Amy said...

Jeff is pretty multi-talented & handy too - what's with the guys getting all of the talent?? And the fabric looks fabulous - that was a good contribution!!

lynz said...

well hi there yourself nicole!
i feel the exact same way that you do in that i feel like i know you already cuz lace is always with you or going to your house or talking about you, and we can't wait to meet you guys either :)
i get more and more excited about coming down there when i hear about you guys having fun and doing hair and just hanging out, so keep doing it, but be ready to have a 3rd member along in january!
i love your blog, and wow - good job in picking a hubby with so many talents!
lynz
oh and i'm all about country music - yee haw! haha

lynz said...

well hi there yourself nicole!
i feel the exact same way that you do in that i feel like i know you already cuz lace is always with you or going to your house or talking about you, and we can't wait to meet you guys either :)
i get more and more excited about coming down there when i hear about you guys having fun and doing hair and just hanging out, so keep doing it, but be ready to have a 3rd member along in january!
i love your blog, and wow - good job in picking a hubby with so many talents!
lynz
oh and i'm all about country music - yee haw! haha

Nicole W. said...

WE are totally ready for a 3rd member...actually I"M The 3rd member, aren't I??? since you too already existed before I came along lol.
anyway, party on! can't wait to see you!!
Nicole

Lacey said...

LOVE THEM! So not only do they look great but I can personally testify to the fact that they are a million times more comfortable! In a world as messed up as ours it's so refreshing to see a wife who is still so in love with her hubby after, what? 6 years of marrage? You guys are great, love the chairs!

Katie said...

nice job martha mcguyver! very impressive i have to say!

Nicole W. said...

Martha McGuyver? lol...that's clever

Steve Wagner said...

Martha Mcguyver? Ouch. Well I guess it's better than being Gary Simmons, or Richard Busuey or something like that. One day I'll get you back for the comments, and the leg-warmers.