Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Erika's birthday

So, we started the day off with presents in our bed:) Megan gave Erika this sweet Pea. She is a little doll that comes in a pod....Erika LOVES it!!! she carries her with her everywhere she goes now:)
Here she is hugging Sweet Pea


Drinking her bottle and still hugging sweet pea

Opening her next present....very excited! doing her "oooh, oooh, oooh" face:)

clearly distraught about SOMETHING....I dont' know what though:)
Then we went to the zoo but Steve has those pictures.
then later we had icecream sandwiches!! she loved it. obviously. you can see for yourself:)
Exploring.

Taste Testing.

Goin' for it!

why not lick the bowl? actually what she was doing here was picking up the cookies and putting them in the bowl, then dump out like so, and repeat. over and over again.



so cute!!! her not me:)

This is my Favorite!!!! she is signing "more" here!! LOL.
yeah, right, do yout think i'm CRAZY? nice try Erika. nice try. Mommy wasn't born yesterday.


This was our end result. of course she HAD to rub it in her hair. she's such a monkey.
Have I mentioned already how much I love this girl????
oh...and she's walking. I can't post the video but i'm working on it.



















6 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

She's already walking?! Way to go Erika! Man, Porter just really took his time walking. I'm glad Erika had an awesome day. Love the pics!!

Linds said...

So glad she had a nice b-day. Looks like she really loved that ice cream sandwich, who wouldn't?

Holly Lujan said...

I LOVE the last picture. She looks so sticky and gooey and utterly happy. That is what a first birthday is all about!

Katie said...

good thing it is only the tradition to let the kids attack their cake on their 1st birthday!! what a cute mess!! and she looks sooooooo pleased.

The Hill Family said...

How fun! I LOVE all the pictures but especially the last one and the ones of you two---so happy!! Can't believe we missed it. Glad she had a fun birthday!

Lacey said...

this was so great! I never would have thought to give AJ ice cream for his birthday since I have snsitive teeth but this was perfect!