Thursday, June 12, 2008

what a HUGE day!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh today was a Monumental day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do I start? First of all, Rosie Fullmer was over having her makeup done for her Birthday ( happy Birthday Rosie!) so she can attest to all of this!!!!!!!
I'm NOT lieing and I'm NOT exaggerating and i'm seriously STILL in shock!
Let me preface this by saying that Erika is only 7.5mo's old and I was under the impression that most babies don't do these things til 9-10mo's.....atleast Megan didnt' and she was a pretty smart kid!

Okay here goes.....

1. Erika said "All done"...and I got it on video b/c i knew no one would believe me! after her bottle I took it and said you're all done and she said "Aahh duh"it was crazy~! Rosie was right there and was just as shocked as I was! At first we thought it was fluke but as I repeated it, she said it again and again !.
2. about 10min after that we clapped and she clappped!!!!!!!! she spent the next 4hrs clapping at everything! and I mean open handed PERFECT clap!

3. She said "Erika" about 15 times yesterday! she says it "Eeh-KA"! it is SO cute! but i'm astonished b/c this is VERY early for words and clapping! I'm thinking that fish oil really did work!(it's been proven to increase babies IQ).

4. after her refusing to go to bed ( and saying "aa duh" and "Eehka" and "dada") over and over again with a big proud smile, we put megan in there since she loves megan's voice. they laid in in their beds laughing back and forth and they actually BOTH fell asleep! i'm in shock!
this day was So overwhelming!!!!!!!!

It feels like Erika jsut totally grew up by 2mo's today...I was NOT prepared for the big things like this at all!!

anyway, HAD to share! i'm a proud mommy...not trying to boast, but still in disbelief...maybe she'll forget it all by tomorrow, but today was such a fun day!



Here's Erika in action clapping!! don't mind the lipstick....she got hold of a red lipstick and smeared it across her face before I could grab it! LOL

6 comments:

Linds said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I love it when babies clap. I think it's one of the cutest things ever!

Jeff and Amy said...

Whoo hoo! Looks like you have a little Einstein on your hands! I love watching babies learn and progress with each day.

The Hill Family said...

That is so awesome!! I can't wait to hear! I'll have to try some fish oil with my next pregnancy!!

Nachelle said...

Those are cute pictures of Erika, lipstick and all! That is amazing she did so many new things all at once. Smart girl!

Joshua and Joy said...

That is pretty awesome. Versii's a year old only says mama, dada & baba. And I agree, it's so cute to see them clapping.

Katie said...

so cute. i love when they clap too!! way to go erika.