Friday, June 20, 2008

4yrs too long.....


It feels SO good to be exercising again! growing up I was ALWAYS playing sports: running (starting at 6yrs old), swimming, soccer, softball, volleyball...you name it, I loved it! after highschool I really began to miss team sports....I kept working out by going to the gym and exercise classes......I even kept going until about 7mos into my pregnancy with Megan...but then I got too big and stopped.

Since then, my exercise days have become a distant memory.....


I have always done better when I've had a partner...you know,helps you stay motivated..So,
recently I put the word out there again and discovered 2 wonderful friends who ALSO want to get back in shape!

Honi, Erin and I have been running 4x/wk for 3wks now...it feels FANTASTIC!!! I can't tell you how great it feels to see some definition returning to my legs and to just know i'm taking care of my body and heart by doing some cardio:)

Erin and Honi are awesome!! they both have babies under 4mo's old and i'm sure they are SO tired b/c they are still up with their babies at night but they are such troopers!!

I think we make a great trio b/c we all motivate eachother to keep going. Last night we decided to add to our jogging by throwing in some all out sprints during our jog...we were BEAT by the end of it but it felt SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

I love running....I forgot how much I love running.....

Oh...and I must say thank you to my wonderful husband for letting me get out every night at 8:30pm so I can do this. He is so sweet.


Anyway....Erin, Honi....you guys rock! thanks for keeping me motivated and being such awesome running partners...you both inspire me!!!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Good for you! I love to run too. It sounds like you guys have a good time.

Jessie said...

i LOVE running, i actually like going all by myslf tho, it gives me time to think! ive been going to Glendoveer 2-3 mornings a week. Its great :)

The Hill Family said...

Thanks Nicole!! YOU are the motivator--thanks for being such a good one, too!! You rock!! My goal is still to keep up with you!!