Saturday, November 7, 2009

Getting Sicker?

Okay the little slice of heaven I described in my last post is OVER. Erika has turned into a Whining machine. poor baby, I know...I feel terrible...but EVERYTHING is in a whiny voice....EVERYTHING. Steve said she spent all morning just laying on him...then all 3 of them took naps (lucky ducks) b/c both girls had fevers again. (and I thought we were on the mend. not so).
Once I got home, Steve and Megan went out to buy a new thermometer....Erika and I layed on the living room floor and read books. Then we decided to make cupcakes. 2 times during that, I stepped away for a minute. Both times, she went running to her room whining and laid on Megan's bed kicking her legs pitching a fit. BOTH times, I have no idea why and can only assume that that was her way of showing me that she was not happy I left the kitchen. ....

You're getting an idea of how the last 24hrs has been:)

the THIRD time, she did this, she kept calling me in her super whiny voice..when I finally went down there, she was just lying there and when I arrived, she continued to pitch her fit.
So awesome.
I had to laugh and tease her...what else can I do? she is so miserable and I feel so bad.
I'm actually sleeping on the floor in their room tonight b/c I don't want her to choke to death or suffocate b/c she can't breath:(:( Alyssa said they've had quite a bit more deaths with this H1N1 in children than with the regular flu.

At dinner, every time Steve tried to talk to her she would just say in a high pitch whiny voice
"daddy Moooooooo!" (which is No) and if he persisted, she would just cry. I finally told him not to look at her or talk to her. lol. I thought this type of moodiness stuff didn't start til they were teenagers?


I'm trying to remain optimistic though and remember that this will pass.

Oh...one positive thing about the Moosh though...she sat perfectly still while Steve and Dustin gave her a blessing tonight. THAT was surprising. A NICE surprise:) OH...and they're so sick, they both went right to sleep without a PEEP tonight. gotta be thankful for that:).....


here's to a better healthier week!

8 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

They WILL get better. Amelia was sooo whiny too! I felt really bad for her but, oh my goodness, I could only take so much. There were times I wanted to lock myself in my room with earplugs in it was so bad! In fact, Amelia was so whiny that she sat still through her blessing and then started CRYING because Kevin said Amen. I can attribute it to her amazing amount of spirituality but I know that's just unrealistic. I feel for you!! Look forward to naps. Kevin slept on the floor in the girls room one night too. Then they both slept in our room and that was the worst night sleep EVER. I woke up to every cough, afraid my children wouldn't inhale again. Mommy paranoia, I know, though I felt fully justified.

Would you like us to bring you dinner? I'm making ribs at some point this week. Let me know what day you want and I'll bring you guys that or something else if you don't like them!! Trust me, we can't eat all of them... well we SHOULDN'T. I'll call you tomorrow just in case you don't get this. We had someone do it for us and it was a lifesaver. I have to pass on the favor!

Sorry this was a really long comment! Just consider it a continuation of our conversation today. You do have reason to be concerned but try to avoid being as paranoid as me!! :)
-Alyssa

Nicole W. said...

Oh gosh, your comment made me laugh Alyssa......
I love you! you are so funny and such a GREAT friend....not sure why we haven't been better friends sooner? ...well...atleast we are now:)
You do NOT have to bring us ribs (though we LOVE ribs:))....you are so sweet...but just take care of your family til youare FULLY recovered first:)
xo

MotherBeck said...

Good luck with your sweet girls. I hope they get better soon and that you can get some better rest.

Jeff and Amy said...

Dang, this sickness lasts forever and sounds awful! I feel so bad for you guys! But it just HAS to be getting better this week, so this week will be a happier week...hopefully. Let me know if you guys need anything!

Linds said...

I hope she gets better soon. She is also two now, and that's what two year old's do. Remember? They throw fits when they don't feel good, when they don't get their way, when they are hungry, whenever they want to. If it makes you feel any better Olivia does it all the time, and she's not eve sick.

Daya said...

How yucky!!! I am so sorry that things are so miserable for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Hailey said...

Jonah has been pitching those EXACT fits for a couple of weeks now and oh my word is it annoying....LOL He spends a good portion of his day screaming and crying at me for absolutely nothing....and will run up just to hit me so I know just how mad he is... *sigh*

hugs all around....Brooklyn and I have managed to get a little sick as well - nothing more than a head cold. But hopefully we get better quickly!

take care ;)

lynz said...

ok so i know that this was forever ago, but i just remembered that your blog is private and doesn't show up in my most recent posts, so i thought i'd check up on you :) hard to believe that the same happy go lucky moosh in her floaty on your side picture won't let her daddy talk to her and is pitching a fit at every opportunity, but good work on trying to keep a good attitude! it always passes - just not as soon as we'd like sometimes!
love ya darlin :)