Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sickness, Snuggles and Service

Well, as most of you may already know, we have been SICK!. ugh. I came down with it on Saturday night and was sick on Sunday but mostly Monday, it was YUCKY!!! the fever, achey body, sore throat, cough....blah. Is it swine flu? maybe...who knows really, but if it is, it's certainly not as bad as the regular flu. ( I hate puking and there has been none of that with this flu so YAY!).

Then Yesterday the girls started to be under the weather, megan woke with the cough and fever and today Erika woke up looking like death warmed up, poor baby.
It's been a rough week, but I couldn't let this all go by without expressing some gratitude.
Being away from home, it can kinda suck when bad weeks like this hit and you have no family to call on, but for some reason, the Lord has seen fit to bless me with incredible friends.

On Sunday night I went to bed at 7:30pm...I slept right through til 8:30am and didn't get out of bed til steve left for work. I was up for 2hrs (and feeling like CRAP, DYING to go back to sleep) when lacey called and offered to just come and take my girls so I could go back to bed. Out of my mouth came "Oh yes, that would be wonderful!"
but in my head was "WHAT? are you seriously an angel sent from GOD?! if I was rich, this service would be worth at LEAST one million dollars right now!".

She came without hesitation and took the girls while I napped another 2.5hrs. Then at 1pm she brought erika back for a nap and I napped for ANOTHER 1.5hrs! she kept megan til about 4pm! by Tuesday I was feeling pretty good again and I completely attribute that to all the SLEEP I got. LACEY-THANK YOU!

My next dillemma was that today was my first day of school and with the girls getting sick yesterday, who in the heck was going to watch them? Lacey and Lyndsey couldn't risk their small babies getting it and Steve couldn't get off work:(:( Well, as if one miracle wasnt' enough, I had Christi Lott, Alyssa Phair and my friend Chrystal all offer to take my girls for the day!
they have all already had the pig flu so they were ok with watching them (thank goodness!).
It worked out that Christi and Stephanie took turns watching them today. I was so sad to leave my sick baby girls today but knew they were in good hands and that made ALL the difference.

I want to think that I would have done the same thing in these 2 situations, but I don't know? I feel you all are SO much better than me! but don't worry, this has been a good lesson in Humility! I will for sure be there the best that I can to help any of you when you get sick! or have sick kids!! I am SO thankful for the friends and "family" I have in the church. what a blessing!!!! and more so I think that I am MOST thankful for the awesome LIVING examples of charity and kindness that I have seen in you women. I have bowed my head in HUMBLE prayer these last few nights thanking Heavenly Father for you women and pleading to be more like you.

I love you all so much and am so thankful for your service !
xoxoxo

p.s when I got home today, Erika and Megan spent about 10min climbing all over me giving me huge snuggles and kisses...it was a little slice of heaven.......sick babies are so sweet...

3 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

Aww! No matter how much I complain about hearing my kid cry and whine while they're sick, I think I might actually miss it if I wasn't home! Knowing you Nicole, if someone called you and asked you for help I'm SURE you would jump at the chance to do so. Hope everyone gets better and let me know if you need in the next few days!

Oh, and when you feel up to it I did a bunch of investigating on prices for the new Safeway promotion "Home for the Holidays" so I can forward you the info I got if you'd like it!

Good for you for being willing to take service. Sometimes that's the hardest part about service- being the one receiving. At least for me, I feel like I should be able to do everything on my own so you have a 1-up on me!

-Alyssa

Lacey said...

Oh Cole! I am hardly and Angel. I love you and your girls so mcuh I am always willing to help and I have had those mornings where you wake up thinking,

"who do you call in sick to when you are a stay at home mom???"

I am glad that I could help and am always here if you need ANYTHING, I hppe you know that. Glad that you are home tomorrow with your little ones. AJ woke up 15 minutes ago with a fever so I think it might be our turn. Ho hum....what can ya do!

lynz said...

so nice to have such good friends and "family" away from family :) glad you're at least feeling better and now hopefully the girls get over it so you guys can get back to life as you know it! love ya and i'm always here if you need anything too!