Monday, April 6, 2009

man am I behind...I don't even know what to blog about.....

Man....I'm SO far behind. I'm sorry..I've just gotten really lazy.
I guess I will just make this an UPDATE post for all my friends and family who are out of town:

1. Steve has completely finished school. He will write his liscensing exam in May and then he is free to work as Dr. Wagner:) With the economy, we have not had too much luck lately but we are both choosing to be optimistic and we encourage each other and are trying to exercise our Faith that Heavenly Father will bless us with something great:)

2. I'm starting my own REAL WEBSITE! it will be www.nicolewagnermakeup.com
I have never been lacking for business but this year with the economy we have noticed things are abit slower and so we decided to make the investment to get me a newer website and hope to generate for exposure for Nicole Wagner Makeup!!!

3. Megan has recently interviewed with the School nearby for early entry into Kindergarten.
Down here, you MUST be 5yrs old by September 1st or you have to wait til next year. No exceptions. Your only option is to apply for early entry and have your child go through interviews and testing to see if they can score in the 98th Percentile across the nation, proving they are a talented and gifted child and therefore being admitted "early" into kindergarten.
Megan misses the cutoff by a mere 3wks. At first I wanted to keep her home for my own selfish reasons...i'm just not ready to let her go..but everyone who knows her has told me (gently) that she is way too smart and READY to hold her back. I agreed and started to make some phone calls.
she had her first interview with the Principal where she read the word "WILDCATS" all by herself !(keep in mind she is barely 4.5yrs old)..she blew us all away. He recommended her to take the TAG testing and said he thinks she needs to start this year.
Today she was invited back to attend the kindergarten class for an hour this morning and then she did a reading test where the lady said she thinks she's at about a first grade level but wants her to come back for further testing this week. SO....that is where we're at with that.

4. Erika. Oh Erika..that kid cracks us up!!! she is starting to say some words....they might not be completely understandable to everyone else but they are to us:
the words include:
"Aaaa Duh!" (all done)
"Cheh-deh" (Chester. The squirrel who visits us on our patio each day)
"zzzzzhhhh" (cheese)
"ssssss" (sleep)
" dgeh dgeh" (danger!)
She also walks around saying "mow" with her little cat all the time having us kiss it lol.
she does lots of signs and is just an all around funny kid.
I have noticed how much she is like me!! she LOVES to get dirty (okay, I meant ME when I was LITTLE.). she will sit and play in the dirt for a long time and be totally okay with getting filthy. she loves to collect rocks and bring them home. She also LOVES to have her back scratched. For those of you who know me best (Mom, Dad, Tina, Tracey, Davina)..you know what I'm talking about! haha. Anyway..we can be ANYWHERE and if I start scratching her back she immediately lays down. she did it on the metal stairs at the playground the other day. too funny! Often she will come up to me, lifting the back of her shirt saying "mama, mama!!" b/c she wants me to tickly her back. I love that my genes got passed on somewhere! lol.

5. I'm back to my running again. Last May I took up running again which has always been a love of mine, since I was a little girl. Just ask my mom...she is sure to recount the story of my first race at bear creek park...that story just never gets old;). Anyway..I ran a few days a week last year from May to October....did my first 10K in September but then it got too cold and I stopped.
So I've been back at it for aobut 8wks now and I'm currently training for a 12K (7.5miles) on May 9th. It should be fun. I have such a competitive spirit ( I try to control it) but I just love the feeling of getting in a huge group and running....it pushes me to run harder and the adrenaline is so fun.
I 've been running with a group of girls from church and we go 3 times a week at 6am. It is so beautiful to get up early before the world is up and to run. As hard as it is to get up in the morning ...I NEVER regret it..I always feel great after:) I WANT To run a half marathon this year but unfortunately all the days I could find I already have weddings so I might just keep signing up for 5-12K's to keep me busy til next year.

Well....I think that's about it for the Little Wagner Family:) we are loving life and are so grateful for all our blessings!!!! I have absolutely nothing to complain about!! (that doesn't mean I DON'T complain...but I really have no reason to!;)

Hope all of you are welll...

6 comments:

Toshia said...

Sounds like life is busy! Good luck with the new website I check your work all the time. It is amazing-you are so talented!

lynz said...

yay! i've been wondering when you were going to update your blog :) it's been a while, so good work on the update and woohoo for your own real life website! i can't wait to check it out!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I don't know you very well but when reading about your daughters schooling I thought you should check out Arthurs Academy Charter School just google it or talk to Susan Conger about it Bronson goes there. It is basically like a private school but publicly funded and I can't say enough good about it academic, teachers, values. For instance my girl is in first grade but spends half her day in 2nd grade doing her math and reading subjects-they put you in the learning level whether this means going up or down a grade level for those subjects, it is a uniform school, a small school only one class each K-6th and there are also a lot of LDS kids that go there. So anyways I just thought of you when reading that if you want give me a call 503-252-3624 Penny.

Linds said...

Wow, you have been busy. It's good to hear what you are up to. Wish I could come running with you guys. Miss you tons!!

Hailey said...

I have been so anxious for an update - it's so fun reading about your girls and your life....sounds fabulous!

Can't wait to hear news about Steve...Honestly I think any place that isn't willing to hire him isn't worth his time anyways! (of course I know that doesn't pay the bills. LOL) It will come - I know you trust that...we're optimistic for you all!

Your website - I can't wait to see it! It will be more than worthwhile for you - not only are you incredibly talented but a blast to be around! Can't wait to see it when it's up and completed!

And Megan - There is no doubt she will be accepted into kindergarten. She always was ahead that way - she's a smart cookie that one! And totally impressed with her reading already! although i remember even before the babies were born she was already starting to put words together...Can't wait to hear! she'll love it - and just think of the fun bonding moments you'll get with Erika! She sounds like a ham that kid! We HAVE to get these kids together - Jonah has finally eased up a bit and isn't such a mean kid anymore (although thankfully you never had to witness that) so I feel safe arranging get togethers (even though it means we have to drive 12 hours. lol). Cute about the back scratching :)

And great job on the running! Your motivation and commitment definitely inspire me.

Great update! off to post about the photos!

Christie said...

I love your website!!!!