Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Photo UPDATE

Okay...so after my long winded post yesterday, I finally downloaded a months worth of pictures off the camera...so this willl be a Photo update blog...just a few cute things:




Megan is a great builder....this was a tower she built me one day last month. we were pretty proud of it!


The moosh LOVES to eat and actually she is really good at feeding herself and even holds all her utensils properly:)








In our family, we have a tradition we started a few years ago of having "Daddy-Daughter" dates and "mommy-daughter" dates:) Actually we got the idea from church...I think it's great and if you don't already do it, you should try it....


So, anyway...this was their date last month...a hike! Megan loved it! Steve was exhausted as she was supposed to hike most of it with him but instead opted to catch a ride! haha....



I love this one. look at that cute face!!!


One tired daddy.







When we got home from Maui last month...Megan had worked VERY hard to decorate the house for us (with Lacey's help of course!) she posted welcome home pics everywhere!!! so cute.







I just love this pic. My little bath baby with her cute piggy tails.



Erika is getting into dress up more and more...she found Steve's hat one day and loved it...




and did I mention she is obsessed with ALL of Megans shoes...and boots



So, as I mentioned yesterday, Erika LOVES to have her back (and arms, legs, tummy etc) scratched or tickled..the other day we walked into the living room to find this.
Anytime Megan tried to stop or get up and leave Erika would lift up her shirt and yell "mama ! Mama!" (which means "megan" lol). She is definitely MY daughter:)




**oh, oh...and something kind of exciting for me.....


It looks like Erika has picked up the artistic talent from me and her Uncle Shawn. For those who dont' know Steve's brother is a professional animator: http://gibsonanimation.com/


He is VERY talented..and I have been drawing since befor I was 2yrs old.


Anyway...not only is Erika left handed (she hasn't used her right hand for over 2mo's and uncle shawn is a lefty too) but she holds her pen PERFECTLY! we never showed her how she just does it. This is her drawing at 16mos old. This is incredible to me and very exciting. Megan didn't hold her pen like this til she was atleast 2.5yrs old:)














I love it! so cute...she looks like a little grown up there coloring away. I can't wait to see more of her talents emerge:)





8 comments:

Linds said...

So stinking cute!!! I love the pictures of Erikah drawing. Too cute that she holds her marker the right way.

Lacey said...

Great post! I love to she your little one in action, never a dule moment right!?! They are both growing up so fast since I meet them, when I look back on Erikas birthday pictures I can't believe how much they've all changed. Love the pictures and love you guys!

Jessie said...

Finally! Un update! You were definately slackin on the blog posts! lol Cute pics, Erika is growing so fast, she is practically like a toddler now!
I saw the pics you did of Summer's make up lesson! She looked gorgeous, not that she needs any help anyway, but kinda made me want you to do my make up sometime soon......

Sharon (Nicole's mom) said...

I love the pic of the boot! Remember the first time I was there and we got a pic of Megan walking around with the brand new cowboy boots I bought, and she had them on with a bare bum. It was the cutest thing ever! I have to find that picture. That was before I had a digital! Those girls are soooo differemt I can hardy belive it!

lynz said...

awww! love those pics :) erika's little pigtails are so cute, and megan has got to get the award for the best older sister ever! your kids are awesome and so is their mama!

Joshua and Joy said...

Great pictures! Megan looks so proud of her tower and Erica does look so grown up coloring.

Hailey said...

Great photos! Love the tower Megan built you! Look at her stunning little face - she's such a sweetheart!
And Erika - sooo cute that she holds her utensils the right way! I'm definitely impressed by that!
Love the daddy/daughter date - and love even more that Megan maximized her time with him by riding on his back! clever girl!

I always had high hopes one of our kids would be a lefty...not that they have any hope of being one to be honest, but it has to start somewhere right? So cute seeing her draw! Jonah loves it too - he loves doing anything his big sister does!

I need to get that table for the kids - I've been wanting to forever....need to finally do it!

Great post! Adorable kids!! Hope we can catch you guys on our way to Cali (whenever we end up going of course! lol)

Olivia said...

Loved the pics Nicole! Good to get an update finally! Miss you guys...