Saturday, April 12, 2008

Divine Reunion

So, this is quite a neat story.
When I was growing up in a small town in BC, called Sardis, I had this best friend named Brandy. From Kindergarten to grade 6 we were very close. I spent many nights of the week sleeping at her house and with her family. We spent countless hours rollerskating in her basement to the soundtrack of Dirty dancing!! LOL...oh the memories..anyway, she was my very best friend! My mom remarried when I was 12, going into grade 7 and so we moved from the little town to the big city of Vancouver. The week before I left I spent it at Brandy's house. Those few days together are some of my most vivid and last memories of my life in Sardis.
Anyway, after I moved we lost touch...but as the years past by, I often wondered about her. As I got older, around age 18, I started having dreams about her. I would wake up and feel so strongly that I needed to contact her...I would search the phone books, internet and anything else I could think of to find her but always always came up empty handed. I didnt' know if she wanted to hear from me or what I would say when I found her but I knew I needed to try.
The years went by and by and occasionally something would come up or I would have another dream about her and I would again feel this push to find her. However, as in the past, I could not find her name listed ANYWHERE!
Then about 3mo's ago, I got an email on facebook from a girl named Brandy...it said "Is this Nicole Sherman?" Both of us were listed under our married names and would NEVER have been able to find eachother but My sister and her shared a mutual friend and she saw my name under my sisters friend list. *(My sister was listed under her maiden name "Sherman").
Though the last name was different, as soon as I looked at this mystery emailers picture I knew it was her!! I could NOT believe it!
The amazing part was that she had also wondered about me all these years and so many of the feelings expressed in those first few emails were mutual.
Here's where it gets even better.....turns out she lives in Roberts Creek, which is a TINY little town on the sunshine coast of BC....just so happens to be the SAME town my sister moved to 3yrs ago!!!
So, on our recent trip, I was able to see Brandy for the first time in 18yrs~!!!!
Amazingly, neither of us has changed and it was like no time had passed at all. I came to find out that she has gone through some incredibly hard trials and lost some very important family members in her life. She is such a strong person and I felt so grateful to God that he has watched over and lead her on a path to happiness. She has a wonderful husband now and and adorable 2yr old boy, named Kolby:) Both of us have been SO blessed!
We both really feel like we were meant to be reunited and will be best friends forever. I love her so much and it was soooooooo fun to be back together if even for just a few short hours. We talked about so many childhood memories and it was amazing how comfortable it was to just sit and chat.
I'm so thankful for this experience and can't wait to go back to my sisters so we can visit again! I love you Brandy!




Brandy with her son Kolby





8 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

I love it when things work out like that! With technology these days it's so much easier to find people and stay in touch, which is good for me because I'm really bad at keeping in touch.

Tricia said...

I enjoyed your blog... you have such a cute family! I'll check back often!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

You guys look like sisters! That is amazing. Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

One of my friends on facebook couldn't believe how much you looked like sisters!It's so true.You too look more alike then you and I ever have! She also mentioned how it looked like you had never lost touch.
Tracey

Linds said...

That's an awesome story! Way cute picture! And your hair is getting so long, so pretty!

Brandy Bakes said...

It was so amazing to see you again !! What a beautiful blog...I will love you forever and always Nicole !!!! XO XO

Nachelle said...

That is a neat story! It's great you are still such good friends.

Toshia said...

That is such an amazing story, sounds like you had a lot of fun!